Even though this is the fifth day of my blog it is actually the first twenty-four hours of my soul searching, cleansing, let's connect to God thing that I've decided to commit to for the next twenty-one days. I didn't do it due to peer pressure or because it's a craze of some sort. It was easy to make this particular decision: One designed to bring me closer to spiritual intimacy with God and help me get more in tune with His voice in my life. After all, haven't I been complaining that I'm alone all the time (and I've clearly established that I'm not)? Don't I want to have more inner peace in my life in the middle of all my life-changes-parental-aging-phew-my-kids-are-almost-outta-here transitions in this crazy journey we call life?
The answer is that I absolutely do. I'm making choices in my life to improve my situation. I'm making choices in my life that will bring positive change. I'm making choices in my life that improve my physical and mental well-being. I'm making choices in my life that will attract wonderful people, favorable outcomes, and a long, healthy life that I am not only going to enjoy, but be able to impart with my children as they grow and evolve.
So today I challenge anyone willing to read this post to join me in making good choices. Here are some ideas for you:
1) Eliminate toxic friendships. The ones that suck the life force from the pit of your soul. Pray for those people. Love those people. From time to time help those people if need be and it will not cost you a compromise of your personal values. But for the most part, DO IT FROM FAAAAAR AWAY!
2) Eat better: Give up refined sugar, pick the veggie side instead of the fries, go without the mayonnaise. Remember, YOUR KIDS ARE WATCHING and they will imitate your habits, possibly for life. Don't have kids? Then you'll just have to enjoy feeling better all by yourself and the compliments from friends and colleagues when you start looking better as well.
3) Add a little exercise: It should not kill you unless you've got a major medical issue. Then consult your doctor, please. Start with just a few minutes. Do arm curls with the cans of veggies in your pantry when you cook (You know you'd like to fight those bat wings into submission). Take the stairs at work. Any change you make that gets you moving will add energy to your life and is a major stress buster. Trust me! I'm speaking from highly personal experience. Plus, when you start liking what you see in the mirror a little more, it makes you feel like a million bucks. No one's talking rail thin, just healthier you.
4) Drink water! Anything else just isn't as detoxifying or regenerating for your body. Sure you can have some tea or coffee. However, water is the basis for all of your bodily processes. We are over two-thirds water and dehydration can bring on headaches, cause water retention when your body goes into camel mode cause you're not getting enough, and increase the toxins in your blood. Don't believe me though. Look it up for yourself.
5) Put down the digital media: Talk to people. Sit across from them at a restaurant and spit food on each other as you giggle uncontrollably. Make faces. Hold hands. Scratch your best friend's head. Now, ask for a foot rub in return! We are all so 'connected' through technology that we are losing the art of interpersonal relationships. Forget your status update for today! Invest your time in real people and the thrill of human contact and personal touch. There is nothing quite like hearing someone's voice, tone and inflection included.
Today, I chose to make some Vegan Refried Choices. I made the choice that will bring the most positive changes to my life in the short and long term. I am sure that the sacrifices may seem hard at times, but in the long run, I'll be all the better for it. Many blessings and positive changes for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment