Tonight I am going to let a creature I rescued this morning do the talking. When I found it, it had one small appendage stuck in the door to my old classroom. I thought it was dead, but then I blew on it. It twisted attempting to free itself.
I unlocked the door expecting the little guy to sprint for it. It stayed put, tiny legs stuck to the icy metal. I quickly analyzed the best leg to free and lifted it gingerly with one finger. The flesh seemed frozen solid. All at once, the critter untwisted and sprinted down the door and into a crack in the cement floor, disappearing wholly.
How often do you get stuck? Then someone comes by and opens the door so you can get up and go yet you stay in the same spot. You don't even flinch. Then a touch wakes you and breaks the fear of paralysis that's holding you back. You take off running without a thought. Do you better your position then or end up in a deeper rut because you act without thinking. Maybe the rut is your go to because those tight spaces seem familiar, almost like a refuge. Yet, wouldn't it be better to enjoy your new found freedom, to run way out in the open and breathe the fresh air?
Don't jump back into a deeper rut. Don't isolate yourself out of fear. There's nothing there for you and crawling under a boulder will only get you stuck again. Come have a cup of tea or coffee with me instead. Together we can plan a trip to Paris (okay, maybe Hialeah) and share some great conversation.
Hugs, T., a.k.a. Odd Numbered Kisses
No comments:
Post a Comment