Monday, January 26, 2015

Isaac Newton in the Spiritual Realm, The Solitude Chronicles: Day 19

It seems that, much like in the physical realm, the spiritual realm has its own set of laws that mirror the natural. For example, Isaac Newton's Third Law of Motion states that 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." For example, if you push a door, this law indicates that the door is pushing back at you with equal force. You can open the door because it is on hinges and that causes the door to move in your favor, the direction towards which you are pushing or pulling. The same seems to be true in the spiritual.

The beginning of my spiritual journey ran fairly smoothly. I felt happy and stronger and knew that I was drawing closer to God. While these things are still true, I have felt a certain opposition as I move toward my twenty-one day goal. It is almost as if there are contrary spiritual forces pushing in the opposite direction so that I don't achieve my goal. An example of this from scripture comes from the book of Daniel when visited by God's messenger:

     "Then he continued, 'Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you began to pray for
     understanding and to humble yourself before God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have 
     come in answer to your prayer. But the Prince of the Persian Kingdom resisted me twenty-one 
     days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with 
     the king of Persia.'" Daniel 10:12-13, New International Version

Daniel persisted in prayer, and even though he was weakened by the presence of God through his messenger, he received strength enough to receive and understand God's plan for his people. Through his faithful search, his heart, spirit, and body were prepared to receive that message he'd sought.

You see, God is faithful to provide answers to our questions, to draw near when we seek him, to grant us strength when we are weak, and to give us the resolve to persevere when opposition strikes. All we need to do is persist in prayer and recognize that the forces that exist to oppose us are never greater than the God we serve. We need to recognize that God is willing to send us an answer to our prayers the moment we ask. We must not allow ourselves to grow tired and give up just as we are about to receive the answer, no matter what we face. And if we do feel exhausted, all we need to do is ask for strength and we will receive it in order to push forward and view all that God has to offer us when we are brave and faithful in our search for Him.

Over the past few days, I have met with some opposition. With only one week left, I have sought the spiritual backing of my church family in order to be able to accomplish that which God has placed in my heart. I am not certain if it will get much better over the next few days since it seems that I have some unresolved matters as a consequence of this opposition. This time I am ready. I did not recognize it the last time and gave up fourteen days in. On the 15th day of my soul searching, I am praying that I can remain strong and see God's answer for my life and my family. I won't give up and I know that God is faithful to see me through.

If you are searching today, don't give up. Keep looking and praying. Persist in achieving your personal and spiritual goals so that you can live in the fullness of the life that you deserve. As the ladies of my church would say these days, stand firm and defend your spark! Trust me, if we can manage to get to that point where we've overcome that opposition, then we will reap great rewards and a deeper relationship with God. Keep your eyes on Christ and I'll meet you in my prayers tonight.

Hugs, T. a.k.a. Odd Numbered Kisses

Verse to reflect on:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment